Wednesday 24th February 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Safari Description Adventure
Today you’re going to challenge your child to pick one of the animals hidden around the room again and describe it to you, without saying what the animal is called.
As the grown up can you guess the animal from the clues they give you?
For example, if they said ‘It has wings and a red head’, you could guess they were describing the vulture.
If your child struggles describing the animals as a grown up, you could model the description and see if they can guess the animal.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today we're going to recap the picture card 'LEG’.
Can you remember what a LEG is? Do you have a LEG? What do we use our LEG for?
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are c-a-t, m-a-p, p-e-g *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘c-a-t’.
2. Ask children to say ‘c-a-t’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘c-a-t, cat’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Don't forget to watch Miss Harding teaching the Fred Talk activities.
(Yoga, mindfulness, PE and relaxation)
Today we going to take part in some Cosmic Kids Yoga Safari Adventure to calm our minds and develop our gross motor skills and coordination/balance. Can you spot any of the animals from our story ‘The Ugly Five’?