Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Sequencing – Watch or the read the story ‘The Gingerbread Man’. Then below are story sequencing cards, your job today is to print the sequencing cards if you can and put them in the right order. If you haven’t got a printer, you can draw pictures of the story in order by using the sequencing cards as support.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘kangaroo’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says put your hands on your …...
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says put your hands on you.… – Today’s words are n-e-ck, h-a-n-d, f-u-t, h-e-d *
1. Say ‘Fred has says put your hands on your ‘l-e-g’.
2. Ask children to say ‘l-e-g’. Pause to see if they can blend and put their hands on the body part.
3. Say ‘l-e-g, leg’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.