Wednesday 13th January 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Sequencing – Watch or the read the story ‘The Three Billy Goats Gruff’. Then below are story sequencing cards, your job today is to print the sequencing cards if you can and put them in the right order. If you haven’t got a printer, you can draw pictures of the story in order by using the sequencing cards as support.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘net’.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred opens his fridge and what does he find?
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred opens his fridge and what does he find? - Fred names the items he finds in the fridge and your child needs to identify item you’re sounding out. – The fridge items are b-u-tt-er, e-gg-s, f-i-s-h, h-a-m
1. Say ‘Fred has found some ‘h-a-m’.
2. Ask children to say ‘h-a-m’. Pause to see if they can blend and point to the item.
3. Say ‘h-a-m, ham’. Ask children to repeat.
Fred opens his fridge and what does he find?