Wednesday 10th February 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Get Squiggling –
Today with Squiglet have a go at drawing the Jack’s cow like the one in the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’. Don’t forget to listen carefully to the instructions and hold your pencil with a tripod pencil grip. Remember post your photos on Tapestry!
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today we're going to recap the picture card is ‘YAK’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are b-u-s, s-u-n, b-a-t*
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘b-u-s’.
2. Ask children to say ‘b-u-s’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘b-u-s, bus’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
(Yoga, mindfulness, PE and relaxation)
Today we going to take part in some Yoga based around the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’. I hope by the end of the session you feel calm and ready to start another day of home learning.