Tuesday 9th February 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Telling and Story Map
Watch or the read the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’. Then with a grown-up talk about the story and the key events in the story. Next you have a story map missing some pictures so I would like you to stick the correct pictures on the story map in the right order. (If you can’t print the sheet you could draw your own story map).
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today the new picture card is ‘EXERCISE’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are z-i-p, h-e-n, d-o-g *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘z-i-p’.
2. Ask children to say ‘z-i-p’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘z-i-p, zip’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
(Activities on apps, Busy Things, Activities using a PC or Tablet)
Interactive Beanstalk Ordering Game – The aim of this activity is to encourage your children to order the beanstalks from shortest to tallest. Follow the link to access the game https://www.twinkl.co.uk/go once you are on the web page enter the code you were sent in a text message this morning.
While you’re doing this activity with your child make sure you are using vocabulary to describe the different heights of the beanstalks.