Tuesday 26th January 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Telling
Watch or the read the story ‘Little Red Riding Hood’. Then tell a grown up the story of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’. You could use different voices for the characters or act out the story together. Don’t forget to post videos of your story telling on Tapestry.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today the new picture card is ‘EGG’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says… - Today’s words are r-u-n, s-k-i-p, h-o-p, s-t-o-p *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘h-o-p’.
2. Ask children to say ‘h-o-p’. Pause to see if they can blend and carry out the action.
3. Say ‘h-o-p, hop’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
(Activities on apps, Busy Things, Activities using a PC or Tablet)
Have fun exploring Elmo's World where there are lots of activities for you to try. Some games are useful for learning early shapes.
Here is the link to the web page - https://pbskids.org/sesame/games