Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Telling – Watch or the read the story ‘The Gingerbread Man’. Then tell a grown up the story of ‘The Gingerbread Man’. You could use different voices for the characters or act out the story together.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘caterpillar’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says put your hands on your …...
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says put your hands on you.… – Today’s words are b-a-k, l-e-g, h-a-n-d, n-e-ck*
1. Say ‘Fred has says put your hands on your ‘b-a-k’.
2. Ask children to say ‘b-a-k’. Pause to see if they can blend and put their hands on the body part.
3. Say ‘b-a-k’, bak. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Please see Tapestry for a video of Miss Harding teaching this Fred Talk lesson.
After the song with a grown up look at the shapes below and see if you can recognise ‘a RECTANGLE’. (If your child is unsure on the name of the shape you can name it for them). With an adult talk about a squares features such as ‘it has 4 sides’.
Shape Picture Activities - What places, animals or objects can you draw using only 2D shapes?
Challenge 1 - Can you make a train using rectangles, circles and squares?
Challenge 2 - Can you make a house using rectangles, squares, stars and circles?
Challenge 3 - What else can you make?