Thursday 7th January 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Sequencing – Watch or the read the story ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. Then below are some Goldilocks and Three Bears sequencing cards, you job today is to print the sequencing cards if you can and put them in the right order. If you haven’t got a printer, you can draw pictures of the story in order by using the sequencing cards as support.
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘dinosaur’.
Using the picture card on the website to show the children the picture and name it (DINOSAUR). Using MTYT (My Turn, Your Turn) get the children to copy the name of the picture.
Recap the previous pictures (which are below) and use them as flashcards to get the children naming the pictures without hesitation.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred the Frog is going to a Farm
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred the Frog is going to a Farm - Fred names the animals he sees and your child needs to identify the sound they make and name the animal. – The animals are g-oa-t, r-a-t, f-o-x
1. Say ‘Fred has seen a ‘h-e-n’.
2. Ask children to say ‘h-e-n’. Pause to see if they can blend and point to the item.
3. Say ‘h-e-n, hen’. Ask children to repeat.