Thursday 25th February 2021
Maths – Number of the Week Recap
Last term we learnt the numbers 1-10 through the Numberblocks videos and number challenges. Today I would like you to watch the recap video of the numbers 1-10 in the video below. Then you have Numberblocks pictures below to cut out and put in the correct order. Can you recognise all the numbers? What comes first? What comes last?
(If you can’t print the sheet, use the pictures below draw your own Numberblocks in the correct order).
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition Recap
RECAP - Today we’re going to recap a card from last week which was a difficult picture card. It is ‘WORM’.
Can you remember what a WORM is? Where can you find a WORM?
Don't forget to watch Miss Harding teaching the phonics session on Tapestry.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are h-u-g, j-a-m, h-a-t*
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘h-u-g’.
2. Ask children to say ‘h-u-g’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘h-u-g, hug’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Don't forget to watch Miss Harding teaching the Fred Talk activities.
(Science, investigations, exploring the world and nature)
Today I thought we’d have some fun making our own sugar crystal sparklers. Below are the instructions for the experiment and some questions to ask your child to encourage their communication and language skills and encouraging them to make predictions.