Maths – Number of the Week – 7 – Today I would like you to watch the Numberblocks video for number ‘7’. After watching the video below are a set of home learning challenges linking to the number 7. How many challenges can you complete?
Link the Numberblocks 6 video on BBC iPlayer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pgqt4/numberblocks-series-2-seven
Challenge 1 - Have you seen a rainbow before? Rainbows can appear when it is sunny and rainy at the same time. There are 7 colours in a rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue,
indigo (dark blue) and violet (purple). Draw or paint a picture of a rainbow. Can you include all 7 colours?
Challenge 2 - On the Planet Seven, the aliens all have 7 eyes! Can you create a model or a picture of an alien to live on Planet Seven? You could use playdough, empty packaging, or draw or paint a picture of your alien. Make sure you count the eyes very carefully!
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘umbrella’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says put your hands on your …...
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says put your hands on you.… – Today’s words are b-a-k, l-e-g, h-a-n-d, n-e-ck, f-u-t, h-e-d *
1. Say ‘Fred has says put your hands on your ‘l-e-g’.
2. Ask children to say ‘l-e-g’. Pause to see if they can blend and put their hands on the body part.
3. Say ‘l-e-g, leg’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.