Thursday 21st January
English / Whole class reading - Join us for a live Teams lesson at 11 am. If you are unable to join us live then
1) Read the next part of Pig heart boy.
2) Write up your whole non-chronological report about 'The circulatory system'. Include paragraphs about
- introduction - the heart - blood
- vessels - lungs
Use a double page in your book or do it in a word document and upload it to the blog (or do both). Include pictures, diagrams and interesting fact boxes to your work to give the reader more information.
Spelling Complete the spelling activities in Teams.
Reading comprehension - Read the poem 'The listeners' in Teams and answer the questions. Don't forget to hand in your work.
Maths 1 - Watch the video explaining how to show fractions as decimals https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/ and then complete the worksheet in the files below or on Teams.
Maths 2 - Complete the Ten in ten questions in your book or in Teams and send me a photo via email or submit your work in Teams.
PHSE - What is migration? Watch the video .https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/history-ks1--ks2-explain-this-migration/z4ppnrd#:~:text=Migration%20is%20the%20movement%20of%20people%20from%20one%20place%20to%20another.&text=There%20are%20many%20reasons%20why,escaping%20war%20or%20political%20conflicts.
LO: To identify different reasons for immigration.
1) Split your page into two sections.
2) Label one part PUSH FACTORS and the other PULL FACTORS.
3) Consider each of the points and decide whether they are a reason to leave (push factor) or a reason to attract an immigrant to a new country (pull factors).
4) Order them in order of importance e.g. 1) The most important reason for each section.