Thursday 14th January
English / Whole class reading - Join us for a live Teams lesson at 11 am. If you are unable to join us live then
1) Read the first part of Chapter 3 of Pig heart boy. Why are each of the following characters cross? Cam, dad, mum
2) Look at the information below about blood vessels. Take notes on the three different sections in your home-learning book by:
1) Identifying the 5 most important words in the section
2) Highlighting key information (if you can print out the images)
3) Write notes into your home-learning book that you can use in your report next week.
Spelling Complete the word activity using ie and ei words. Then mark your work using the answers in the files below.
Reading comprehension - In the files below, please open and complete the comprehension about heart replacement.
Maths 1 - Watch the video explaining how to show decimals as fractions https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/ and then complete the worksheets shown below. The answers can be found in the files below.
Maths 2 - In home-learning books, answer the Ten in ten questions, before marking your work with the answers in the files below.
Science - Watch the film, 'What is in your blood?' https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/whats-in-your-blood Read the information sheet and use this to create a pie chart showing different parts of the blood. This is a challenge if you haven't got a protractor - so have a go at estimating the proportion. TOP TIP: Each percent = 3.6 degrees.