Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction
With a grown up read the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ and once you’ve read it talk about the story. Here are some questions to ask your child:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today the new picture card is ‘QUEEN’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are c-u-p, b-o-x, p-i-g *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘c-u-p’.
2. Ask children to say ‘c-u-p’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘c-u-p, cup’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Music Mondays (All about Singing, Music and Instruments)
Today we are going to go over to our friends at The Oak Academy again and watch the second music lesson centred all around the you and your family called ‘Good to be Me’. In this lesson, we will focus on developing the singing voice through voice-play.