Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction
With a grown up read the story ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ and once you’ve read it talk about the story. Here are some questions to ask your child:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
Today the new picture card is ‘FLOWER’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says… - Today’s words are r-u-n, s-k-i-p *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘r-u-n’.
2. Ask children to say ‘r-u-n’. Pause to see if they can blend and carry out the action.
3. Say ‘r-u-n, run’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
(All about Singing, Music and Instruments)
Each Monday we will now be having a Music themed day and today we’re going to be learn a song about Little Red Riding Hood. The song is to the tune ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’. Below are the words to the song and don’t forget to post a video on Tapestry of you singing the song.