Monday 22nd February 2021
Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction
This week we’re going to reading and talking about the story ‘The Ugly Five, By Julia Donaldson’.
Show your child the front cover of The Ugly Five. Discuss the following questions:
Then open the story on the first page, which shows lots of different African animals in the savannah. Discuss the following questions:
Then read the story and as you read the story, encourage your child to join in with the repeating words “We’re the ugly…” Ask if they can work out what the next number will be.
When you have finished reading the story, discuss the following questions:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition
RECAP - Today we’re going to recap a card from last week which was a difficult picture card. It is ‘QUEEN’.
Can you remember what a QUEEN is? Do we have a QUEEN in England?
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are b-e-d, r-a-t, p-e-n *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘b-e-d’.
2. Ask children to say ‘b-e-d’. Pause to see if they can blend and find the picture of on the I spy sheet.
3. Say ‘b-e-d, bed’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Don't forget to watch Miss Harding teaching the Fred Talk activities.
Music Mondays (All about Singing, Music and Instruments)
Today we are going to go over to our friends at The Oak Academy again and watch the third music lesson centred all around the you and your family called ‘Me and My Family (Part 1)’. In this lesson, we will use the theme of family to further explore our singing voice and to develop a strong sense of pulse.