Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction
With a grown up read the story ‘The Three Little Pigs’ and once you’ve read it talk about the story. Here are some questions to ask your child:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘JACK-IN-A-BOX’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred spies a…
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred spies a… - Today’s words are m-a-n, c-a-t *
1. Say ‘Fred has says ‘m-a-n’.
2. Ask children to say ‘m-a-n’’. Pause to see if they can blend and carry out the action.
3. Say ‘m-a-n, man’. Ask children to repeat.
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Please see Tapestry for a video of Miss Harding teaching this Fred Talk lesson.
Music Mondays (All about Singing, Music and Instruments)
Today we are going to go over to our friends at The Oak Academy and watch our first music lesson centered all around the you and your family. In this lesson, we will be getting to know each other through songs and games. We will also be meeting a new friend who is going to help us explore our voice.
Please see the link below to the lesson: