Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction – With a grown up read the story ‘The Gingerbread Man’ and once you’ve read it talk about the story. Here are some questions to ask your child:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘orange’.
From this week all phonics activities will be on Tapestry with a video of Miss Harding teaching the lesson.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred says put your hands on your...
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred says put your hands on you… – Today’s words are b-a-k, l-e-g *
1. Say ‘Fred has says put your hands on your'b-a-k’.
2. Ask children to say ‘b-a-k’. Pause to see if they can blend and put their hands on the body part.
3. Say ‘b-a-k’, bak. Ask children to repeat
* Words to be sounded out in Fred Talk have been written as they should be said rather than how they are spelled.
Please see Tapestry for a video of Miss Harding teaching this Fred Talk lesson.
Expressive Arts and Design – Creative Time – Draw a picture or make a model of the Gingerbread Man. You can use crayons, paints, pencils or make a model using playdough, cardboard boxes or tubes. Don’t forget to take a photo and post it on Tapestry.
Here are some examples: