Literacy/Communication & Language – Story Introduction – With a grown up read the story ‘The Three Billy Goats Gruff’ and once you’ve read it talk about the story. Here are some questions to ask your child:
Phonics – Read Write Inc Picture Recognition –Today the new picture card is ‘tower’.
Phonics – Fred Talk Games – Fred opens his fridge and what does he find?
All Fred Talk games need to follow these steps:
1. Say the word in sounds. Ask children to repeat.
2. Say the word in sounds and then the whole word. Ask children to repeat.
Today’s Fred Talk Game – Fred opens his fridge and what does he find? - Fred names the items he finds in the fridge and your child needs to identify item you’re sounding out. – The fridge items are j-a-m, m-i-l-k
1. Say ‘Fred has found some ‘j-a-m’.
2. Ask children to say ‘j-a-m’. Pause to see if they can blend and point to the item.
3. Say ‘j-a-m, jam’. Ask children to repeat.
Fred opens his fridge and what does he find?
Don't forget to watch Miss Harding teaching this Fred
Talk session on Tapestry
Expressive Arts and Design – Creative Time – With a grown up make one of the billy goats gruff or the troll. It could be a puppet, a picture, a collage, a model or something else completely different.
Here are a few examples: