TEAM SWAN: SHOW RESPECT, WORK TOGETHER, ASPIRE AND NURTURE
Our school values were created around our SWAN logo and core values. TEAM SWAN also stands for our houses in school, which are named after local roads near our school: Sleaford, Warburton, Appletongate and Northgate.
Both the values and our SWAN logo and Wordle were designed as a collaboration with members of the school community and are a lovely legacy that has grown over time. Our values are very important to us and we like to link them into all we do. Recently we have started a new lunchtime ‘Golden table’ where pupils showing exceptional SWAN values at lunchtime can be awarded a ‘golden ticket’ from dinner staff and then if they are selected in a prize draw in Monday assembly, can choose to take a friend to dinner at the top ‘golden table’. Pupils can also earn pupil reward tokens throughout the day or stickers for the door on their classroom for whole class SWAN value behaviours. These tokens are counted each term and the house with the most at the end of the year will earn a treat. We like to reward and incentivise in all we do and take a pride in ourselves when we enact the values too.
Our House logos were designed by the children and governors and are symbols so anyone can understand them no matter what their languag
The central vision for our school continues to a place: “Where every child shows respect, works together, aspires and is nurtured, safe and can achieve their potential with confidence and pride”.
The School Aims
- To be a safe, happy, caring community of learners
- To treat each pupil as an individual, helping them to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential
- To encourage pupils to act responsibly, be considerate and to develop perseverance and resilience
- To promote outstanding positive behaviours of responsibility, confidence, perseverance, enjoyment, creativity and aspiration.
- To achieve high academic standards through high quality teaching and learning, delivering a creative, enriched and dynamic curriculum
- To instil in learners an attitude of continuous improvement and aspiration for academic, creative and sporting achievement
- To develop a close partnership with the home, so that parents and carers are active and engaged in their child’s life at school
- To develop and utilise local, national and international links and partnerships to support school improvement
- To form links with the local community and open school facilities to meet children’s needs.
- To promote our school, community and town, maintaining a good profile to ensure our school, the children and their families are represented in a positive way
- To celebrate all our achievements
- To celebrate the diversity at Lovers’ Lane Primary and Nursery School, ensuring children understand and respect a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life.