Hello everyone, well done you've made it to the end of another week! Well done for all your hard work and the photos that I have been sent shows how well you are doing...keep it going.
I hope you have all read Lillie's amazing report - fantastic!
1) Spellings - Fridge words - let's look back, which words have we found tricky this week? Rank them in order and then ask someone to test you on how well you have remembered.
2) English - Complete the report on Goblins by self editing - read through your report, have you included the basics such as Capitals and Full stops (remember all names need Captials)? Do your sentences make sense? Have you included sub headings? Have you used commas for fronted adverbials? Finally please send me a copy so that I can read them!
3) Reading - Have a look at the vocabulary on page 3 before reading the Instructions on how to catch a goblin....did you remember what penultimate meant? Have a go drawing 4 of the words to help you remember their meaning and then read the set of instructions. Hopefully looking at the tricky vocab has helped your understanding of what you have read.
4) Maths - Written Methods - different ways of multiplying. One of the key factors in being able to do this is understanding multiples of 10, and knowing our times table because if we know 3 x 7 = 21 then hopefully we know 3 x 70 = 210 (ten times bigger)
2 x 1 = 2 2 x 2 = 4 2 x 3 = 6 2 x 4 = 8 2 x 5 = 10
2 x 10 = 20 2 x 20 = 40 2 x 30 = 60 2 x 40 = 80 2 x 50 = 100
3 x 10 = 30 3 x 20 = 60 3 x 30 = 90 3 x 40 = 120 3 x 50 = 150
5) Art - Check out the webpage which takes you to the Tate webpage (the Tate is a famous art gallery in London) and their information about David Hockney - a famous artist who likes to use lots of colour - then can you have a go at a colourful picture of the pyramids, use the example below as an example.